harpcolumn

Do you teach your students how to practice?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Do you teach your students how to practice?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Don’t worry I wasn’t assuming anything at all and I’m in agreement with what you say, all I said was that focus, according to my experience, is not something that can be taught but rather a result. And I don’t pretend to have 1/10 th of your competence as a teacher, I was simply making notice of something.

Victor Ortega
    Participant

Laura, thanks so much for what you have shared with us–I find it so inspiring, and I really appreciate the thought that, even with the various motivation tools, the ultimate motivator in practicing is the hoped accomplishments, both within (self-mastery) and without (the beautiful performance).

Some others mentioned the process of acquiring students; in that, I really liked what Sam Milligan wrote in his article “QUESTIONABLE ETHICS” (in his blog on this web site).

unknown-user
    Participant

Laura, sorry if I may of sounded like questioning what you said. You definitely sound like an EXCELLENT teacher!

unknown-user
    Participant

anyway, once more, what do I know? You guys know your stuff, (except for Carl on composition advice….) just kidding!

Beautiful explanation, Laura—brava.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics