harpcolumn

Digital Effects Processors for Electric Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Digital Effects Processors for Electric Harp

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Has anyone had recent experience or knowledge with DIGITAL EFFECTS

PROCESSORS complimentary with electric harps? If so, I’d like some advice

in purchasing a DIGITAL EFFECTS PROCESSOR. I just bought in

INCREDIBLE Lyon & Healy Electroacoustic 2000CG. It’s one of the best

acoustic harps I’ve ever played. Now I’m working on setting it up

electronically. I’ve already got two JBL EON powered speakers.

Christian Frederick

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

I don’t think the stuff I have is considered a digital effect processor.

Christian Frederick
    Participant

OK… time has passed. I took some time off (a couple years) working on perfecting the electric-acoustic harp. I’ve discovered some of the new processors have improved tremendously! I recently purchased a Boss ME-70 guitar processor. It is far superior to anything I’ve used in the past and and is user friendlier. I’m retiring my old electronics. The guitar presets don’t translate well to the harp, but it is so easy to create and save sounds. It also has a built in EQ and directly plugs into my JBL EON Powered Speakers, so I don’t need a mixer. Am I alone, or has anyone else here been exploring and experimenting also? Here is a link to my user-friendly processor. Hooray for new technology!

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=1001

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Hi Christian,

kay-lister

Contact Deborah Henson-Conant (she WILL answer your e-mails).

onita-sanders
    Participant

I would like to jump in here with what I have been using. I still use an acoustic harp. Have 4 of them and have used the same system on all 4. Boss pedals that give you desired effect

Donna Germano
    Participant

I have a Silhouette and the first thing I did was go to a music store and try out several effects boxes.

onita-sanders
    Participant

I am so very, very glad that early on when the electric harp was first introduced that I had the opportunity, side by side with the electric and the acoustic harp to try the same effects, and much pthe acoustic harp. I beg to differ, yess guitar effects will work if it is the right effect. Also I use two systems, a shure 57

Donna Germano
    Participant

And how is it that you are differing with my observations of my experience with this effects box?

onita-sanders
    Participant

Point taken. Thank you for your clarification. Was eager to give my thoughts without careful reading what I was responding to. Thank you again.

Onita Sanders

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.