harpcolumn

Dents on my harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Dents on my harp

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    laura-palmieri
    Participant

I have sadly developed some stand dents on the left base side of my harp. I am wondering if there is any way to fix them and what would be the price to pay?

Thank you!

Put something on your stand to protect the harp. Duct tape, a thin wrist pad, something.

Karen Johns
    Participant

First of all, how deep are the dents? Have they scratched the finish off the harp, or are they just “skin-deep”? There may be a method to correct them if it is the latter case. I can’t tell you the exact method, as it was only mentioned to me once by a luthier, but it had something to do with steam?? And since I am not sure what type of finish you have, I even hesitate to suggest this. Perhaps call a professional harp maker, or maybe Carl can jump in here with a more experienced response….

Karen

carl-swanson
    Participant

You don’t need a harp repairman to fix those dings. Just someone who is very good at finish and refinish work. There’s no way of saying how much it will cost until he examines the instrument. He may not be able to make them disappear, but rather make them less obvious. As an old finishing mentor of mine said”…take their trumpet away.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics