harpcolumn

Debussy – La Damasoille Elue (Blessed Damsel)

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Debussy – La Damasoille Elue (Blessed Damsel)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alison
    Participant

La Damoiselle Elue.Would anyone have a clean copy of the harp part – the single copy I have been given (and this needs 2 harps all on the same part)  is very old and messy and I don’t really want to start erasing the Do Re Mi markings which would just inconvenience the next player etc. imslp has the score but no part. It’s reasonably urgent. Alison  (I mispelt the title and can’t correct it.)

MusikFind1
    Participant

https://www.emsmusic.com/product_p/emsg11438.htm
    DEBUSSY, Claude (1862-1918) – Damoiselle Elue (Blessed Damozel) (F). EDWIN F. KALMUS – harp 1 – A2590 $4.00

DEBUSSY, Claude (1862-1918) – Damoiselle Elue (Blessed Damozel) (F). EDWIN F. KALMUS – harp 2 – A2590 $4.00 Plus postage. Order from EMS with credit card and have the music shipped directly to you by next day service.

Educational Music Service

33 Elkay Drive

Chester, NY 10918

Phone: 845-469-5790

Phone Hours: 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm Eastern, Monday through Friday

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by MusikFind1.
    carl-swanson
    Participant

Alison- Where and when are you performing this piece? It’s so rarely performed.

Alison
    Participant

Hi Carl – my conductor friend took huge liking to it – so having obtained the parts we are starting to play through it with a local orchestra.  BTW I came a cross your original harp maintenance book which a pupil acquired – very useful & I wish I could find another copy.

Alison
    Participant

To Musikfind1 – thank you, but when I follow your link the available parts do not show the harp part separately, as it does for the bowed string parts and the horn. It seems that the other parts are in a packaged set (incl 4,4,3,2,2) for $140.  I would order the harp part in duplicate if I could and at $4 each that’s a snip, before shipping (!).

balfour-knight
    Participant

Alison, I agree–Carl’s harp maintenance book is great!  I believe it is still available.

carl-swanson
    Participant

My maintenance book, A GUIDE FOR HARPISTS, is published and sold by Vanderbilt Music Company.

MusikFind1
    Participant

All orchestra parts are always available for Edwin F. Kalmus publications.  Use the EMS code numbers and add Harp I or Harp II. As Carl correctly said the work is rarely performed so the parts may have to be printed to order. It is best to call EMS as they often can tell the status of any piece of music.
    I find that for orchestra, band and choral music EMS using their huge database has the fastest service. For harp solos and methods use one of the harp music dealers.

MusikFind1
    Proofer, Editor, Researcher
    Proofer1 at comcast.net
    I have no affiliation with any music publisher or dealer, just 35 years of experience in finding music.

I’m pretty sure I have those parts, which I probably got from Lyra.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.