harpcolumn

Cruise ship job!!!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing Cruise ship job!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    carl-swanson
    Participant

I just got a call from a client in England. The Cunard line needs a harpist on the QE2 from May 3 to the end of June. They will fly whoever takes the job to England to get the boat at Southampton. There’s about 3 hours of playing(background) a day, plus a small, 45 minute recital every 10 days or so for the wealthy passengers. Accommodations are crew, possibly having to share a cabin. Food of course is included. The job pays $3,500 US a month. So $7,000 for a two month gig. There is a harp on the boat. So you don’t have to bring a harp. The harp on the boat is a Lyon & Healy, but I don’t know what model.

If anyone is interested-and you’ll have to decide ASAP-contact me and I will pass your name on to my English client.

Carl Swanson

balfour-knight
    Participant

Oh, Carl, I wish I were free to take this job! It would be “right down my alley,” but I have too many prior commitments this May-June to even think of doing it. I know the right person will absolutely love doing it!

Best wishes,
    Balfour

First time I heard they provided a harp. Very nice. But I think in the past the recitals were provided by a separate soloist.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.