harpcolumn

Considering purchasing a 65-year-old LH 17, Gold

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Considering purchasing a 65-year-old LH 17, Gold

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kathy Owens
    Participant

I’m the same age as this harp I’m checking out (!), and I’d like to hear others’ opinions.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Although our stories are a little different in some of the details, many elements are the same.

I bought a Wurlitzer C with its original straight soundboard almost two years ago. The risk factor was buying the harp with the original soundboard, but the confidence factor was buying it from Howard Bryan.

I continue on the theory that as long as the harp, soundboard, and I continue to hold up, I’ll continue doing what I’m doing. When any of the three segments mentioned falls apart, I’ll re-evaluate.

I hope you make a decision that gives you as much satisfaction as mine gives me.

Sylvia
    Participant

I would question the price.

Kathy Owens
    Participant

The harp is located in a nearby state, and we would be driving over, trying it, and if everything pans out like we want, purchase it there.

Sylvia
    Participant

I should have right away commended you.

Kathy Owens
    Participant

I WISH I had all of my old harp music, because I had some very nice books and sheet music.

Tacye
    Participant

Unless the music is out of copyright you should be aware that photocopying other people’s music is not permitted and also unfair to those musicians who have put time and often money into writing and publishing it.

There are some good resources for out of copyright music, you will find some older music on Morley harp’s website and also the IMSLP/Petrucci site.

Kathy Owens
    Participant

Naturally I understand about copyright laws, and do respect them.

I mentioned “I wish I could photocopy them”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies