harpcolumn

Considering Dusty Strings harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Considering Dusty Strings harp

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Averil Chandler
    Participant

Hello,

I’m considering buying this harp on craigslist. Any advice, questions I should ask? I was having trouble figuring out which 26 model

Michael Harwood
    Participant

That appears to be an Allegro 26.

Averil Chandler
    Participant

Thanks for replying. It does seem like a good deal. The lady is selling her daughter’s harp which she doesn’t play anymore before a move. I have some previous harp experience but I’m not harp savvy enough to detect any issues with the harp besides obvious cracks etc. And I just moved so I don’t know of any Portland harpists who could take a look.

Michael Harwood
    Participant

If you have a local shop that sells harps perhaps you could work out a deal where you could meet them at the shop and have someone local who is knowledgeable enough about the things you are concerned about to take a look.

It’s very possible you will need to get the harp “tuned up” even if it’s in good shape. I may be a bit spoiled – I live the in the Denver area and our local harp repair depot is run by David Kolacny who is not only very good at what he does, but also very patient and willing to go the extra mile to assist.

I wish you the best of fortune with this purchase – it looks like an incredible deal!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies