column

Cithara Nova

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Cithara Nova

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Adair
    Participant

I am very interested in this harp.. who plays one and can you tell me about it? I am possibly interested in buying a used one if anyone has one.. ALSO anyone in Utah or Idaho or Wyoming have one I could just try out for an hour or so at your house and at your convenience? I don’t dare buy one unheard/untried. I have been trying for a few years to find one of these.. I know they are popular on the west coast. HOPING TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE… you may email me privately..

tristan adair
    harpsong@gmail.com
    utah harpist

ellen-beckerman
    Participant

The Cithara Nova harp is made by John Westling of Sandpiper Instruments. I heard a few years ago that he retired, and at that time was only making harps occasionally. I don’t know what the story is now. I have a Cithara Nova, and it is a beautiful instrument. It uses the composite Savarez strings, so it is very low tension, and has a very big, resonant, and bright sound. The bass on mine is particularly well articulated. A beautiful instrument. I have thought of selling mine from time to time, as I am moving into the pedal harp arena, and liking higher tension strings. I live in California, so not convenient to you. But if you would like to hear more, feel free to email me.
    Ellen
    elliebee3@comcast.net

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.