harpcolumn

Christmas carols for SATB and lever harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Christmas carols for SATB and lever harp

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    alexandra-baldwin
    Participant

Does anyone have any recommendations for Christmas carols arranged for SATB and lever harp? I will be playing Christmas Eve at a friend’s church and he would like me to do something with the choir. I’m looking for something not too terribly difficult! Thanks!

Angela Biggs

I’m sorry, I don’t know of anything — but I’m curious — can you hear a lever harp with a four-part chorus?

kreig-kitts

Angela, that probably can depend on the choir and the acoustics. I’ve accompanied about a dozen trained voices on my Thormahlen without pushing the volume and had no troubles. I don’t know the tipping point, but we were nowhere near it. I imagine the 70 voice choirs of some churches I’ve attended would be too much.

alexandra-baldwin
    Participant

It’s not quite that large a group 🙂 I’ve played with them before, and the balance seems fine… maybe I’m just loud!

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

You may want to look at Carol Him Sweetly by Ruth Elaine Schram. I bought it through http://www.sheetmusicplus.com. It is written for SATB, harp. It is original music combined with Silent Night. There are no accidentals in the harp part.

Alexandra, Twenty Carols With a Friend is scored for Treble 1, Treble 2, Viola, Cello, and harp with no added accidentals. Herald Music is the publisher and most specialty harp music dealers carry it in the U.S. and several foreign countries. The harp part is easy enough for a harp student who has had one year of lessons. You can e-mail me for a sample page or two.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies