harpcolumn

Christian colleges with harp programs

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Christian colleges with harp programs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ruth Mar
    Participant

Does anyone know if there are any Christian colleges that have good
    harp programs?

unknown-user
    Participant

Hey Ruth! I think Pensacola Christian College has a harp program, but Im not sure. Pensacola is in North Florida. Well, if you find another christian college that has a harp program, let me know.

M D

I know that St. Olaf College in Minnesota has a harp program.

unknown-user
    Participant

Ruth:

If there is a school you really want to go to and a good harp teacher nearby, you might ask the school if they’d be willing to start a harp program just for you. I was asked to teach an incoming student at Imaculata College, in Pennsylvania, this fall. They didn’t have a harp program in place, but the school went out of their way to find her a teacher and they are even renting a harp just for her. Don’t rule out a school just because they don’t currently have a program. You may be able to start something.

Joyce White
    Participant

Furman in S.C. has a solid music program, and the harp teacher Anita Burroughs-Price is warm, friendly, and an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher; she has a Master’s in Harp Performance from Yale, studied with Marisa Robles in London at the Royal College of Music,

unknown-user
    Participant

Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma has had a harp program of which I have been the instructor for over 12 years.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.