harpcolumn

CHOOSING A “HARP TO GO”

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories CHOOSING A “HARP TO GO”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

I am the proud owner of a Camac Concert Melusine harp! I love my harp, and play it faithfully everyday at home. However, i cant take it with me anywhere because I own a compact 2 door Honda Civic, and there is no way my harp can fit in my car. I also own a 26 string Dusty Strings Ravenna, which I can pack up and take with me. However, the limited number of strings means that I limit myself to lap harp repetoire( or sometimes improvise). Recently, i joined a harp circle, We do performances around the county. Most of the players own vehicles in which they can easily transport their full size harps. I would like to be able to take a larger, more substantial harp to my performances. so here is the question- can anyone recommend a midsize (at least 29-30 strings) harp that could easily fit in my car ? I can’t afford a new car, but I may be able to swing a new harp.

shelby-m
    Participant

I wonder if you laid the front passanger seat back, could you lay a harp down on the back of the soundbox? I haven’t tried many harps in the 30 string range and I have a 4-door Chevrolet Lumina which I have no trouble fitting a bigger lever harp into, so I’m afraid I’m not much help….

The Heartland Infinity has a full 36 strings in a fairly compact package http://www.heartlandharps.com/model-infinity.html

teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

Shelby,no way my 38 atring harp fits into my little 2 door honda. even with the front seat back. Jennifer, i would absolutely Love owning an Infinity harp, but i am afraid I am going to have to win a lottery! thanks anyway

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

I once fit my Daphne 40 pedal harp in my 2 door Nissan Sentra. Where there is a will, there is a way!

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

I once fit my Daphne 40 pedal harp in my 2 door Nissan Sentra. Where there is a will, there is a way!

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

I can’t recommend any particular models but it seems to me that Blevins has some compact, economical harp designs. http://www.blevinsharps.com/index

I also don’t don’t what kind of repertoire you’re playing when you bring your 26 string out but I find that a lot of Sylvia Woods arrangements can be easily adapted for that size instrument.

Jennifer

teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

A+ for determination Sid. I am much to lazy to go that route

teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

Thanks, Jennifer, I will check them out!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies