harpcolumn

chicago lyon healy harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists chicago lyon healy harps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SEAN DUCHINSKY
    Participant

anyone tried out the chicago l/h harps?

Norah Calamy

I also was wondering about them as they are cheaper than the 85 series. Although I would love an 85CG, it’s that much more expensive!

I prefer the Chicago models to the 85 series. The 85s have always had a heavy quality to me that I don’t like as well.

rod-c
    Participant

http://www.photoworks.com/slideshow/album/A17E5233AA96?c=pw59560&CS_003=4433951

Sean:

If you have a chance to visit the Lyon Healy showroom and factory in Chicago, you’re in for a treat. I am posting this link that should take you to an online album of photos I took at LH when I was there three years ago. (I hope the link works!) These photos were taken in the show room.

While you are there, you can play any number of harps. And, the helpful staff there will take harps you want to try into a private room, where you can play them.

They give tours of the factory by appointment. Their tours used to be at noon on weekdays, but that may have changed. (Taking photos in the factory was not allowed.)

Disclaimer: I have no association with Lyon Healy…other than I am a very satisfied customer.

Cheers,

Rod C.

rebecca-junnila
    Participant

Hi Sean,
    I have a Chicago 40 and am hoping to get a CG this summer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies