harpcolumn

Chaplin’s Gold Rush and City Life: looking for harp parts

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Chaplin’s Gold Rush and City Life: looking for harp parts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Participant

Does anybody have the harp parts of the soundtrack of these two movies? I need to play them in September and would love to see them.

Thank you!!!

Laura

Sorry, the second movie is City Lights, not City Life…

Laura

David Ice
    Participant

Wow…I didn’t know those were available! I know that for the reconstructions of the soundtrack recordings it was a nightmare….literally bars had been pasted over bars, and the tape had dried and these little bits of score were all loose and it was like trying to fit together an enormous jigsaw puzzle…..i.e is this a violin part or the the oboe? Piano or harp? I’m glad to know it was published!

Does anybody know who played them for the originals? I know Stella Castelucci (sp?) was on LIMELIGHT and it was one of her first, if not THE first, soundtracks she recorded.

Thank you for your replies! I know they are rental parts, but I was wondering if there are any excerpts around: the harp part in Gold Rush seems quite wide, from what I can hear on YouTube, and it would be nice for me to have a look at it somehow in advance…

Did somebody play them recently and can give me any useful infos?

Thank you!

Laura

Laura,
    I played Gold Rush a few years back. I would suggest buddying up to your friendly librarian and find out the minute the scores arrive. It was a ton of notes and quite exposed a lot of the time. On top of that, it moves fast!

I didn’t copy it because the book was quite thick and I figured I would never see it again….sorry.

-Lynn

We are doing City Lights in October, Laura! Maybe I will get a part with your markings in them. Put in lots of cues for me! :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies