harpcolumn

Chamber Music

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Chamber Music

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Newth
    Participant

Hello,

Can anyone suggest any chamber music pieces for clarinet, bass clarinet and harp, or

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Hi, I know of plenty of works for clarinet & harp duet and of some chamber pieces with wind &/or brass but I can’t remember them offhand. I will look them up when I am in work on Fri/Sat as I am in a music shop & have access to most publishers and some other nifty catalogues. Is it just chamber works including clarinet you are after or would duets be any use?

Drop me an e-mail if you want with more info and I’ll see what I can bring up for you.

Fearghal

Wow, you actually have a music shop there to work in? We have none.

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

We have two main ones and another for guitars/keyboards and such-like here in Aberdeen but we are known as the one to go to for classical music. All of us pass customers between each other if we cannot help them so it’s a pretty good system. It’s great for ordering harp music (esp the staff discount!) but can be a bit of a problem – bank balance wise – when new CD releases or a batch of new scores appear and I’m doing the stock-take! :-)

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Hope no one is forgetting that Jennifer’s request was “clarinet AND bass clarinet”.

I do know of some nice pieces for clarinet trio that work for two soprano/one bass clarinet, but can’t think of any that are even soprano and bass clarinet with keyboard, much less soprano bass and harp.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies