CD recommendations needed

• Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #149517

What are your favorite CD’s of harp concertos?

Participant
    Saul Davis Zlatkovski on #149518

I don’t like the Gliere Concerto at all, but Gretchen Van Housen’s performance of it is compelling, and the Moreno-Buendia Suite is perhaps a masterpiece. Zabaleta was very good in the classical and Baroque concerti, and it hasn’t been on cd for some odd reason, but his recordings of the Saint-Saens, Tailleferre and Ginastera Concerti is wonderful. I really like Cambreling’s recording of the Milhaud Concerto. Laskine did wonders with the Pierne, Jolivet and some other concerti.

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #149519

Thanks, Saul.

Participant
    jessica-wolff on #149520

Not a CD but an LP (but perhaps it’s available on CD by now): Osian Ellis (harp) & Desmond Dupre (lute), Handel’s B-flat Concerto for Lute and Harp.

Also the harp version of Rodrigo’s Concierto de Aranjuez, a guitar concerto, and I think it’s Zabaleta on harp.

mr-s on #149521

Hi Jerusha I love concerto Glier so much, I love the CD of Lily Laskine where she is playing Handel, Boeldeiu and Krumpholtz concerto. And many many CDs.

Participant
    carl-swanson on #149522

At the moment, Lilly Laskine playing the Pierne Concertstuck.

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #149523

Thank you, Jessica, Basel and Carl.

Participant
    sherry-lenox on #149524

Isabel Moretti’s recording of the 3 Rodrigo Concerti is interesting in several ways, one being the immediate contrast among the differences in what the composer was writing at three very different stages of life.

steven-todd-miller on #149525

Here is a link to the legendary Salzedo Memorial concert of 1962

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K1HZTE5M

and Marcel Grandjany’s “El Amor de E’spana”

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4FF5CW1E

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.