harpcolumn

Carmen Danse Boheme?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Carmen Danse Boheme?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lydia Michel
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

diane-michaels
    Spectator

I can’t offer up that answer at the moment, but it is the final movement of the 2nd Carmen Suite.

Tacye
    Participant

Is it the one in the scene in the Inn?

Lydia Michel
    Participant

That I don’t know—- all I’ve been told

paul-knoke
    Participant

Here’s a link to the complete score, if that will help. Really, though, don’t worry about it. It’s not a difficult harp part (though it does move right along), the ensemble aspect is clear, and most of it is well enough submerged in the rest of the orchestra that you can simplify it. The most important thing is to be familiar enough with it to be able to watch the conductor for the tempo changes and accelerandi.

http://imslp.org/wiki/Carmen_(Bizet,_Georges)

r-pista
    Participant

Have you listened the opera yet??!!
    Ok, I’ll make it easy for you; it is the second number in the 2nd Act, directly after the “Entr’acte”.

It is easy, but very exposed, so I am EXTRA careful with the tuning for this one. I also use some enharmonics (such as G flat instead of F#) to get rid of some of the pedal changes.

Lydia Michel
    Participant

Yes and no—- we’re not doing the whole opera, just about five or so excerpts. I listened to

Lydia Michel
    Participant

Thanks for the tip– I’ll check it out 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.