harpcolumn

Carbon fiber harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Carbon fiber harps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cathy-eyberger
    Participant

I’ve been look at the web site for the Legend model of carbon fiber harp by Heartland Harps.

You can find a whole thread on Heartland’s Carbon Fiber harps here http://www.harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message%5fid=13517902

I tried some several years ago at Harpcon in St Louis.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

I’ve been playing my 36-string Infinity in parts of Southeast Alaska on a 26-foot boat, and on the Inside Passage ferry. I love it, and the people for whom I’ve played seem to love it too. I love not worry about temperature changes. It has withstood cold, damp, rainy conditions, as well as a couple days in a hot trunk of a car. It also withstands the occasional “thunk” that happens around boats without a scratch, and it sounds great. The sound filled the forward observation lounge of the Alaska ferry, and prompted enthusiastic applause.

At my California home, I also play an L&H 85P.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I encourage you to do a Google search of “harpcolumn carbon Heartland” or something like that.

I have had a Delight for almost 2 years and love it. I take the harp out 2-3 days a week, and it has savedhad hours..I don’t put it in a case, just pull it out of the car and off I go. I play In a hospital, and tho not as warm a sound as wood, it still is lovely.

rosey-brumm
    Participant

Hi Cathy,
    I imported a Legend and I really needed a light harp for when I am ill, a lot of incentive to make it work. I honestly can’t change my ear. I do have perfect pitch. It is light and good size, design, height, volume but there is a brightness (not like wire strung harps) I have to say I can hear the soundboard is not wood and for me that changes the experience of the harp. I also found being so light it moves whilst I play. Most players can compensate by holding the harp with their knees. I can’t because of my muscle weakness.
    So I must stress harps are so personal. There are rarely bad harps. I think it is more like how one chooses a lover. Harps draw on all my senses.
    Just always try before you buy and you will know if it is right for you. I have a friend who loves the Legend above all others.
    Happy harping
    Rosey

Allison Stevick
    Participant

I have had a Delight for over a year now, and I absolutely love it! It is very portable, durable, and has a full, sweet sound. It does sound a little different than a wooden harp, but I like the difference. It is very resonant and comfortable to play. I haven’t had any problems with the light weight while playing–if i need to, i hang on with my knees or put my foot on the harp’s foot. I compared it in person to a 36-string Dusty, and found I actually liked the carbon fiber sound better! The bass was cleaner, and the upper register not plinky. That surprised me at first, because I have always preferred natural material instruments in the past. Anyway, as others have said, choosing a harp is a very personal experience, and everybody has their own ideal. For me, my carbon fiber harp is the best.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.