harpcolumn

Can we use Bow Brand Lever Wires on Camac Korrigan?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Can we use Bow Brand Lever Wires on Camac Korrigan?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    leonard-lim
    Participant

Just wondering if it’s alright to use

Patti Newson
    Participant

I am also wondering if I can replace Boyau Gut strings on my Korrigan with Bow Brand Gut (lever gut strings)

barbara-low
    Participant

Ask your dealer about switching brands. There is such a variation in diameter and materials for lever harp strings that it’s best to check with a knowledgeable source. If you are still unsure, check with the manufacturer. Putting the wrong strings on your harp can put undue stress on the soundboard and neck.

The strings from the various manufactures do sound different. Bow Brands are said to be “brighter” while Vanderbilts are “warmer.”

http://www.vanderbiltmusic.com/strings.php

The best sounding strings are ones that are not false and still have life in them. Old and or pitted strings will not sound nor perform as well as new. Whether you like “bright” or “warm” will depend on what you want to hear from your harp.

I’m not familiar with Boyau gut strings, so can’t comment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.