harpcolumn

Camden Redone

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Camden Redone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Those of you who went to Camden, have you been there recently? I looked on google earth, and the area around the house has been clear-cut, and there appear to be mcmansions all around, and they put in a clear lawn with a swimming pool from the house to the shore. Hard to believe.

carl-swanson
    Participant

The McMansions went in a long time ago, while Alice was still there. She told me that she was actually happy to have more houses down there. For years there was no one near her on that road, and she felt safer having in particular the house directly across the street.

The man who bought the house from her seems to have done a beautiful restoration on the house. He changed the driveway around so that you no longer pull in directly in front of the house. Even Alice got tired of people turning around in the driveway all the time. The current owner put in a tall hedge across the old driveway and lawn right at Marine Avenue so it’s hard to see the house now.

Were you able to see into the house? The driveway was at the side with an overhanging room. It looks the same now. I only remember a tiny lawn in front of the house. I was last there in 1983.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies