harpcolumn

Camac Harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Camac Harps

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dear friends,
    I would love to hear your comments, experience and opinion about Camac harps.
    Thanks in advance! 🙂

anna-jalkeus
    Participant

I’ve only played the Big Blue, which sounds quite good amplified but a bit weak and too bright in the acoustic sound. I’m not a very big fan, even though it has its purposes. Actually, I played more Camac harps once at a showroom and the normal acoustic harps definitely sounded better but I still think they lacked warmth.
    I have a friend though who bought a Camac last year and he has been very pleased with it.

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

Love my Atlantide……… not just the sound although obviously that is the most important. It is very even across the whole range. It is so comfortable with a wide angle of balance and nice space at the top end. It holds it’s tune brilliantly and it is easy to move relatively speaking. It is so elegant. I got it several years ago and it was by far the most comfortable for me at an age and size when I had trouble getting my right arm round the salvis whilst reaching the pedals. I just played most of the Paris showroom and there were some lovely harps of all kinds there although I am not really ever a fan of the look of gold! Only one was mearly as nice as mine though. I have played a few other harps I liked pretty much equally to mine in sound – an Apollo, an Arianne, a L+H 30 and a Salzedo. Mine still feels best to me though for all the reasons listed.

andy-b
    Participant

I love my Camac Athena concert grand, and the Clio I had before that. I love the sound, the evenness top to bottom, and the ease of playing. Price was a contributing factor, as well as not having to worry about replacing pedal felts, and being able to do so much of the regulation myself. Having said that, I’ve tried a few that I didn’t like so much, and some Venus, L&H, and Salvis that I loved. It’s really best to try as many harps as possible and then pick the one that speaks to you! When I picked out my Athena, I tried all the pedal harps at the Atlanta Harp Center, and I realized that I was smiling ever time I played that one. I’ve never regretted it.

ellen-beckerman
    Participant

I have a Camac Clio, and I love it. The sound is very clear and round, and almost reminds me of bells. I am very happy!

Thank you all for your comments! 🙂
    Greetings,
    A

I love my Camac Athena concert grand. I have played lots of different harps….many of them nice…..but I’m always happy to be back on my Camac. There is only one harp that I like better, and that’s a Camac Atlantide owned by my teacher/friend. My Camac, however, is really a lovely harp which is even from top to bottom and has a beautiful, warm sound with beautiful bright upper work. If I sound like an organist when I say that, it’s because I am, and I can’t think of a way to describe the sparkle at the top other than that, but it’s there, and it’s very pretty. I love my Athena.

All your comments are great! Thanks for that! What about the angle and the space between the strings of 3 and 2 octave? If you have Camac at home and you should play on a different instrument at occasion, how easy would you adapt to another instrument?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies