harpcolumn

buzzes in Lyon Healy Prelude, and a regulation issue.

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories buzzes in Lyon Healy Prelude, and a regulation issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    joan steinberg
    Participant

I recently purchased a Lyon Healy Prelude that is about 20 years old.I am noticing buzzes on a few strings, especially 4th octave E and 3rd D. I don’t see anything amiss under the soundboard, and I tried changing the strings, but no improvement. Also, the 2nd octave F is not sharp enough when I raise the lever.
    Any advice would be appreciated (I am primarily a pedal harp player). Thanks!

jackmclumby
    Participant

The levers can be regulated, and with the right tool I think it’s easy enough for you to do it yourself. I believe you can either adjust the tuning pin on the neck with a certain tool (you could ask lyon & healy or a harp tech), or you can adjust the height of the lever slightly with the right screwdriver. The buzzes might disappear with those sorts of adjustments too, though is it possible the neck is twisting a little causing those strings to come into contact with their levers? Are they buzzing if you have the lever engaged as well?

Jaque Davison
    Participant

Check the metal feet at the base of your harp and make sure they are tight. My prelude had a buzz several yeas ago and tightening the feet stopped it.

joan steinberg
    Participant

Thanks so much for that info! My husband just tightened the feet, and the buzz stopped!

anne-crabb
    Participant

Tighten screws on the crown. Jason Azem suggested this for my Prelude and it stopped the buzzing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.