harpcolumn

Buying or renting?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Buying or renting?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hello all!

I am a sorta new harpest. I played off and on for a year, and now, about two years later, I’m picking up harp again. I’m 17, and live in Kansas City.

My question is, should I buy a harp or continue renting for $50 a month? I’m renting a little lever harp, and in time I’d like to move up to a pedal harp. Any advice would be awesome. 🙂

This is a very subjective question….individualistic depending upon financial situation, personal desires and future plans. Personally, as one who just started on harp but has a master’s degree in music, I wasn’t too pleased with the lever harp and wanted to move immediately to a pedal harp. Fortunately, I had gotten a really REALLY cheap deal on a good old Troubadour. Unfortunately, the levers weren’t much good anymore. Fortunately, my ears work well enough to retune a lot. Unfortunately (or fortunately, actually), I was taking lessons from a major city’s symphony harpist, and I needed to move up to a pedal harp rather quickly. I was advised to get the best I could afford, and I did. I couldn’t be happier.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies