Look through other postings on the web site about Pakistani
    harps- (all the cheap carved rosewood ones) they are low priced
    because of the quality.

Participant
    Rachel on #168151

Yes, avoid the Pakistani harps!

Participant
    Rachel on #168152

P.S. A floor harp is definitely easier to learn on at first than a lap harp.

Participant
    unknown-user on #168153

I started at 9 with the heather pakistani harp- what a horrible instrument it was! I guess the only reason why i got it is because my mom didn’t want to splurge on something that I didn’t know I’d like. The levers became unglued and fell off- they buzzed like crazy and some were too tough to put up- so I had to avoid those notes in a piece! Stick with the bigger names in lever harps ex: Pilgrim, Swanson, Lyon and Healy, Salvi. Dont let the super low prices drag you into buying these super low quality instruments!!!

Participant
    unknown-user on #168154

oh yeah, dusty strings and trippilett harps are very good, too- but can be quite expensive…

Participant
    Nadia Tjahja on #168155

I think you should start with floorharp and take a little camac. or if you want a lapharp a troubadour

Participant
    Evangeline Williams on #168156

try a place like the harp connection in MA, or another harp store, and try a bounty program, where you buy or rent a lever harp and before a certain point you can trade it in towards a pedal harp.

Participant
    unknown-user on #168157

My daughter has been playing since 4yrs old..We bought a
    Folk Harp by Lyon Healy… We are pretty happy… They have
    financing and a rent to own program… You could also search under
    LyonHealy.com or also Venus.com …Venus harps are less expensive ..
    Wish you luck…

Participant
    unknown-user on #168158

DEFINETELY USE A L&H PRELUDE, SALVI ANA, OR L&H TROUBADOUR V. THESE ARE THE BEST HARPS AROUND FOR THE PRICE AND SOUND. WHY SETTLE FOR A NO-NAME, CHEAP, CRAPPY PAKISTANI HARP, WHEN YOU CAN GET A L&H/ SALVI? DO YOURSELF AND THE LITTLE HARPIST A FAVOR AND GO WITH EITHER OF THESE! IT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY IN THE LONG RUN NOT ONLY BECAUSE OF L&H/SALVI’S QUALITY, BUT ALSO BECAUSE OF THEIR RENTAL/RENT-TO-OWN/TRADE-IN/PURCHASE PROGRAMS. THESE HARPS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HARPING!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.