harpcolumn

Bow Brand on Camac

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Bow Brand on Camac

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cornelia l
    Participant

Dear harpists,
    Does anybody have tried out different strings on a Camac Concertharp? We have a Camac Elysee in the orchestra with the usual Camac strings (metal in the bass, gut in the middle and nylon in 1 okt.) – but I find them very tense. My fingertips tend to get really hard after playing longer on Camac. I notice it always a lot when I play on my L&H later. I am thinking about switching the strings to Bow Brand? How would it sound and feel?

Wish you all a nice day 🙂
    Cornelia

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by cornelia l.
    andy-b
    Participant

I use Bow Brand on my Camac Athena, and on the Clio I had before that. I don’t think there was much difference in tension or feel between them and the original Camac strings, but I like the sound better. I did try the Premier strings on my Athena this year, and while the tension was the same as Bow Brand, I did not like the sound at all on this particular harp.

catherine-rogers
    Participant

I used Vanderbilt Classic and Bow Brand on my Camac Clio and Trianon and now use Premier Strings. I thought they were all fine and gave me the warm sound I wanted.

wil-weten
    Participant

I haven’t got personal experience with them, but as you find the Camac classic tension much too hard, maybe the Camac English gauge gut strings would suit you better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.