harpcolumn

bogus teacher request emails?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp bogus teacher request emails?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

A year or so ago there were some bogus emails floating around. … I was wondering if they’ve stopped or if I should be concerned about a request I received the other day. … I got nervous because the writer asked for my location and phone number which could probably be used to get other personal/financial info. … any thoughts?

They never stop. Don’t answer such e-mails. If the language is too formal, if they are foreign, it is spam.

barbara kraichy
    Participant

I’ve been receiving such e-mails. Usually the spelling is bad as well as the punctuation. The first one I received, I answered and with further correspondence, I started to see “Red Flags.” I took the e-mails to my bank manager and was told it was a scam.

shelby-m
    Participant

In the “my account” section, there’s a way to make your email invisible to other forum users.

unknown-user
    Participant

Yes, I take this precaution also. However, if you request notification for certain topics, you may have noticed that when it is sent to you it contains the email

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.