harpcolumn

Blood blister under the nail

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums How To Play Blood blister under the nail

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Maya
    Participant

I have a blood blister under the corner of my nail on my RH index finger. From where it is, it’s clear the pressure I put on that side of my finger when playing caused the nail to be repeatedly pushed against the skin and blister. In my years of playing this has never happened to me before so I’m not really sure how/if I should lance it. For blisters on my finger tips I would but under the nail seems like a good place to get an infection & removing a lot of the nail would make it too excruciating to play for a while. As I’m prepping for auditions that isn’t really an option. Has anyone here experienced this & have any suggestions on how to proceed?

carl-swanson
    Participant

I would lance the blister and drain it. I’ve done that many times over the years. Be sure to sterilize the needle and your fingertip. You may have to bandage it for a couple of days but that is the quickest way to get it to heal.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies