harpcolumn

Blevins and Dusty Strings

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Blevins and Dusty Strings

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

I’ve read a lot on these pages as I prepare to buy my first harp! I’ve played the piano for many years and finally have saved up enough for a harp – a longtime dream.

I’m still on a budget, though, and that’s why I’m asking your advice! I’m looking to get a 34 or 36 string, and am thinking of the DS Ravenna 34 or one of the Blevins harps – the BlevinSong, MeadoWind, Glenwood or Avee (so many to choose from!).

I’ve had the chance to play only the Ravenna, and I like it, but some of the Blevins harps are lighter (portability is important to me). I know that they’re all fine harps, so since I’m unable to try the Blevins in person, I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to give me some feedback on the Blevins and the Ravennas. Differences in tone? The Ravenna looks like it has a bigger soundboard – does that make a bigger sound? What are some of the major differences among all those Blevins models?

I think I can’t go wrong with either and am just looking for some feedback since I’ve seen a lot of great advice here. Any observations are welcome – thanks!

unknown-user
    Participant

i own both a Blevins Espre 36 and a Dusty Ravenna 26.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Madelyn.

I have both a Blevins Consort 36

jean-mac
    Participant

I have a Dusty Strings Allegro-26 which I really like, but wanting to upgrade.

Madelyn M

Thanks to all for your good and thoughtful advice! I think that I’ll probably end up going for one of the Blevins “deals.” I’m excited :-)

unknown-user
    Participant

Madelyn.

Madelyn M

Thanks all. My Blevins harp arrived yesterday and it’s lovely in sound and appearance! I got a MeadoSong fully levered from the discount page, and the price was very reasonable. Dwight and Cindy were also friendly and helpful. It’s acclimating to its new climate right now :o) I’m excited for the journey ahead.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.