blades for the wire-strung harp

• Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #72335

I’m having a harp built for me.

It will be a small clarsach harp, built after a historical model and will be strung with bronze strings. I decided to have blades on them. It’s not historical correct, but the harp will be a match between the old and new ways I hope.

I know of the Peter Brough levers, crossing between levers and blades, but I would like the blades/levers to look as if they existed centuries ago too.

There will be no bridge pins. The blades will be close to the tuning pins.

I read about the Woldsong-frets, they are nice-looking, very basic, and don’t need any maintenance, but the colour silver I saw is wrong, they should be made of brass or bronze. They look big to, my harp will only be about 90 cm of height. Also I can find nothing about wether they are suited for wire/metal strings. Triplett blades with celtic motives are to fancy on a historical looking harp.

Does anyone has an idea about what blades there are, if they are any good, and would fit on a historical model harp?

Harriet van der Putt on #72336

it seems to be very difficult to find blades.

I took a more close look at the Triplett blades, and changed my mind.

I will try to find out if truitts can be fixed on a small wire-harp, and see what the possibilities of the Triplett blades are. I have no space for bridgepins, so it will be difficult.

I have a beautiful Triplett Catalina, so I know the quality

of their harps levers is very good.

Truitt levers are beautiful, but I.m afraid I’ll need bridgepins.

Is there anyone with some experience in these levers/blades?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.