harpcolumn

Best ring story at a wedding…………..what’s yours?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Best ring story at a wedding…………..what’s yours?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

I don’t know if this is common practice elsewhere in the world, and I’m sorry if I sound like the person who just found out about the internet for the first time, but I heard a hilarious story……

There was a wedding, and the entourage in front of the pulpit consisted of bride + groom, and six of each – bridesmaids like organ pipes down the one end, and the guys, also like organ pipes the other end, ranging from about 24 to 6.

Misty Harrison
    Participant

So creative! I have nothing on that but once I played a wedding where there were all these peacocks, quite beautiful until they started making this horrid cawing sound that is apparently how they sound. The ringbearer was a really little boy who was also really shy so he got halfway down the long grass area toward the aisle and turned around and ran crying and screaming back to where I was playing. Have no idea how the rings actually got down to the bride and groom but it wasn’t with the ringbearer.

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Misty, your story is also extremely funny – I

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

The best story I heard was a wedding at Disney World. The wedding planner took the rings from the Best Man, and told him that when he was asked to present the rings, he should act like he lost them. The time came, and the fellow pretended to search his pockets and look flustered. Then trumpets sounded and a “Page” brought the rings in on a velvet pillow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics