harpcolumn

Best Music Stand Light?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Best Music Stand Light?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    HoneysuckleHarp
    Participant

Hello! Many of you may have seen my recent post, asking about the best music stands. (you can visit this topic here: https://harpcolumn.com/forums/topic/best-music-stand/#post-210799 )

I also would love to hear your recommendations on the best clip-on lights for your music stand. I am looking for a sturdy light with adjustable light brightness (bright, soft, and in between)

Thanks!

-Eliza

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Mighty Bright Orchestra light http://www.mightybright.com. Plus, I have led lights attached on my concert grands. You can buy a light kit from Musicmakers http://www.harpkit.com.

harpissimo
    Participant

You might check out the Aria Forte, which a number of pro harpists I know use.

The light is strong all the way to the bottom of the page while not being too bright on top. I like that it keeps the light out of the audience’s eyes. Its rechargeable through USB and runs for 8 or more hours on full brightness. You can choose whatever brightness you like with the dimmer knob, too.

http://www.arialights.com

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Nice lights. Thanks for letting HC members know. Too bad they don’t work with an iPad. I have not used sheet music for five years.

Aria Forte. Hands down the best and I’ve tried so many.

Jeanne-Marie Maher
    Participant

any updates on lighting thoughts? I’m new to playing harp but need better lighting for my music stand and would like some light onto my strings. Usually prefer 2700K light (warm) but most are at least 3000. Would prefer not to pay a lot since I am new .

Gregg Bailey
    Participant

I just bought 2 different clip-on lights from Sylvia Woods (harpcenter dot com). They are Lotus brand; the smaller one is $119 and the larger is $169. LED, 3 brightness settings, rechargeable, lightweight.

Hope this helps!

-Gregg

Jeanne-Marie Maher
    Participant

thanks has anyone tried any of the less expensive LED clip on’s and are they ok for lighting and to see the strings? thanks everyone (esp Gregg)

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I am still using my original Mighty Bright orchestra light I bought about 9 years ago. Cost now is about $60. It can be used with batteries or AC adapter which has an extra long cord. This light works with my iPad Pro. The new light also has a back piece that keeps the light from shining out the back. Check the clips on YouTube.

Jeanne-Marie Maher
    Participant

does it give you enough light for your harp strings? How many LED’s in this one?

thanks!!!

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I have a concert grand harp. Yes, it lights the strings just fine. I don’t know how many leds are in the light nor do I care. The light works. You can try one and send it back if it doesn’t work for you.

Walter Pfeil outfitted one of his harps with lighting along the neck. Useful, but risky. Do you really want anything electric or powered touching your instrument? Especially with lithium batteries? I don’t think so.
    I like the Manhasset stand lights, but mine keeps popping off when I turn pages or bump into it, perhaps because I have it on a Hamilton stand.

Jeanne-Marie Maher
    Participant

only looking for lighting on pages and onto strings. Not lighting up harp. I like the manhasset stand lights but have a hamilton too. Thinking about LED some are really inexpensive and some are not. Prefer warmer lighting not blue light of 3000K plus. Any other thoughts greatly appreciated.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I just bought the newly redesigned Mighty Bright and I love it. Brighter than the older model and has a soft white light. Has a plastic piece in the back that keeps the light from shining out so there is more flexibility in angling the light. Case is padded, too. Like the other Orchestra light, you can clip it to an iPad. Much less expensive to buy from Mighty Bright on Amazon than the website. Note: Mighty Bright does not use dealers to prevent counterfeiting. Saul, you have no clue about led lights on harps. I have led light strips on two concert grand harps. The battery case is velcroed in the sound box. No damage to my harps whatsoever. I think Mighty Bright is out of stock now. I appear to have bought the last two Orchestra lights.

Jeanne-Marie Maher
    Participant

thanks so much everyone. I was worried it might be too bright, I want a warmer light rather than bright one (though need the light also). Has anyone any experience with “Auray M-LED18-CL 18-LED Clip-On Music Stand Gooseneck Light (Cool/Warm Light) though B and H ? It appears to be a great deal and good seller.
    thank you
    Jeanne-Marie

B&H # AUMLED18CL MFR # M-LED18-CL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.