harpcolumn

Best Cars for a Concert Grand

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Best Cars for a Concert Grand

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Participant

what is the best car to fit a Lyon and Healy concert grand 85?

There are multiple threads on this. Do a search on Google for Harpcolumn + harp car or something similar, and I think you will find them.

In the meantime, as I recall, people love the Toyota Sienna van, Dodge Grand Caravan with seats that stow, and I think I read that a Volvo wagon was nice. My teacher loves her Ford Taurus wagon, but it’s older and not made any longer. I got my concert grand Camac into my Subaru Outback with no problems, but that car recently died. I bought a Honda Element as a replacement, and it fits quite well in a couple of configurations (the Honda E has removable seats, and seats that go flat and flip up to the sides of the car and clip. I love the possibilities of this car. It went in without a hitch…..no carpet so it slid in really easily.

Briggs

harp guy
    Participant

Yeah, the Honda Element is a great car. That’s what I drive whenever I have a gig somewhere. Even though my harp isn’t a CG pedal harp, I’ve measured, and a CG should fit without any problems.

You can get everything in…..except for the person in the passenger seat needs to have very short legs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies