harpcolumn

Best antique harp restoration in east coast, both North & South

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Best antique harp restoration in east coast, both North & South

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bjwayne
    Participant

I have a 1759 crochet harp. The a pedal broke off and I had a blacksmith make me a new part. I’d love to have a real restoration place make the part, as well as have a few things looked at. After we have all been vaccinated, I’d like to take it to someone who has a complete shop and can make parts. I have tried contacting H. Bryan & Co. in Lynchburg, VA, but am having trouble getting a reply. Someone once mentioned a harp restoration shop in Ohio that also works on European single-action harps. Can someone tell me who that is?Any other recommendations for places a day’s drive from Eastern MA?

balfour-knight
    Participant

You may be thinking about Tom Bell, harp technician. Search for Bell Harp Tech in Akron, OH. Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Balfour

balfour-knight
    Participant

Of course, you may also try Carl Swanson in Boston, MA.

bjwayne
    Participant

Thank you for your help! I emailed Carl Swanson and am waiting for a reply. I also got an email back from H. Bryan & Co.

balfour-knight
    Participant

Glad I could help. I am sure that you will be in good hands with any of these mentioned harp re-builders. I would especially recommend Carl Swanson!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.