harpcolumn

Bernard Andres compositions

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Bernard Andres compositions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    deb-l
    Participant

I thought it was the Korrigan that inspired me to play everyday, and I realize now that it is the Bernard Andres compositions that made me choose the harp.

j-valentine
    Participant

Oh, I do love his work. I will get to Automates, hopefully this year. I just listen to them now. Someday I want to play Un bal a la Campagne, found on a CD Harping on a Harp by Silke Aichhom. It will be a few years as I am just now slowly learning Ribambelle and Aquatintes.

deb-l
    Participant

hi J, what is your favorite so far?

Kate Miller
    Participant

I totally agree! His compositions are so beautiful. Aquatintes IV is my favorite, so simple yet really mesmerizing.

Danses D’Automne is a great book too but a real challenge for me at the moment .

Dance No 4 is the one I’m working on, can’t wait to be able to play it so fluently like this reacording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gtyLFLhGdQ&list=PLB9BCDBECD84A0419&index=8&feature=plpp_video

deb-l
    Participant

Kate, I’ve watched that video many times and long to play it one day, but am a long ways from it now!

His music is WONDERFUL. From the very first on my harp, I was able to play his beautiful compositions, and now after 6 years of intense study and moving into advanced music, I can STILL enjoy learning challenging Andres’ pieces. I totally LOVE his

kay-lister

BRIGGSIE – YOU’RE BACK!

Yeah, I’m back. Hi Kay…thanks for the great, happy welcome back. 🙂

sherry-lenox
    Participant

First, it is wonderful to see you posting again! Second, my heart is with you in your loss.

You have picked a wonderfully ambitious program to start playing again. I wish I were equal to it.

Still, with perserverence I may get to that Ceremony of Carols yet, if only at home with a CD player.

Again, great to see you posting again!

kay-lister

Briggsie,

Well, in a nutshell, I have had a Masters Class with Yolonda Kondanassis AND Alice Giles in Oct. and Nov. AND just had a private lesson with Deborah Henson-Conant this past weekend at BITM.

Thanks Sherry. The chancel choir director where I play and I were talking about how much fun it would be to do some of the movements from Ceremony of Carols, and my harp teacher assured me it would work for me now….so we are just plugging along. This evening I was working on the little nasty run at the end of Wolcum Yole, and I bygum almost played it at tempo — once. LOL….It’ll come though. I just want to learn all the movements so I can actually play it when needed somewhere.

I sure do miss my mom a lot though. She really was my best friend. We were always close. She was my first music teacher. We always shared the music thing…..and I was closer to her than my other siblings who had moved away. It was hard watching her fail, and I prayed for God to take her, and when she passed, it was a blessing for her, but it sure was hard for me.

Kay, WOOT WOOT!!!!! You are really having harp heaven, girl!!! I’m happy to read this.

Thanks about my mom. It was her time…..but it’s hard for me to accept it.

deb-l
    Participant

Pistache is a very cool song Briggsie!

Thanks Deb L. I love his pieces. No….actually that one sounds kind of Spanish doesn’t it? I just mean his harmonies and the overall feeling I get from listening to his pieces sound French. You can tell his heritage when you listen to his style if you have listened to/studied lots of French music.

deb-l
    Participant

I think Muscade sounds Spanish, or did you mean Pistache sounded Spanish to you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.