Beginner Christmas music for harp and violin

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    j-valentine on #156712

Does anyone have any suggestions on a Christmas piece to perform with a young student violinist and a beginner harper?

Thanks so much

Participant
    barbara-brundage on #156713

Patricia Jaeger’s 20 Christmas Carols, arranged for harp and from one treble instrument up to a string quartet, suitable for either lever or pedal harp:

http://us.harp.com/info/products/pact_show/id_19397507/

Participant
    j-valentine on #156714

That was quick. Thank you so much. That looks great. I so appreciate your help.

Participant
    Stephen Conor on #156715

How bout the traditional Christmas songs? Are you looking for a recital piece or just a piece to teach them? Oh Holy Night and medleys can work for violin music or as a beginner harp piece.

Participant
    j-valentine on #156716

Well…. I ordered the 20 Carols book and was really stressing as the time is close.

We met yesterday afternoon and it all worked out. We are playing for a Christmas Concert with many people involved but they are making us a string ensemble for our presentation with 2 violins, a viola and cello that are well seasoned musicians plus the six year old and myself.

The music director picked two songs from my music and wrote a very simple part for the six year old on the spot. The six year old and I practiced and when we all practice next week the rest of them will just improvise, embellish, etc.

I am very excited as this is my first time out with my harp in public.

Thank you all for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.