harpcolumn

Beauty and the Beast – which version do you think is better?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Beauty and the Beast – which version do you think is better?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stardust117
    Participant

I’m stuck deciding which Beauty and the Beast version to play. In your opinion, which version do you think is more beautiful/appealing to your ears?

Version #1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS5d2wD8OoI

or:

Version #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVjtghPC8o

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by stardust117.
    evolene_t
    Participant

Hi Stardust!

Interesting question. I took the time to listen to both videos in full, and I have to say that both are wonderful versions of the Disney classic.

Personally, although I prefer the interpretation by Amy Turk – I feel it brings out more emotions – I would still go for the other harp score.
    This is because the version played by Amy Turk has a lot of blocked chords at the beginning and I prefer the left-hand patterns of the second video.

But that’s just me! Perhaps a medley of both versions could be made eventually? I can’t really tell if one version is harder to play than the other, which I would factor in if I was faced with the same choice.

Good luck and keep us informed! 🙂

stardust117
    Participant

Evoléne,

Thank you for your detailed feedback! Now that you mention it, I do prefer the left-hand patterns of the second version, compared to the blocked chords. I’m leaning more towards the second one now.

Thanks for your time

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by stardust117.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies