harpcolumn

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Will wonders cease to unfold? I have found that Arnold Bax composed a piece called Variations on the name Gabriel Faure for harp and string orchestra which was performed on the BBC. I have not been able to track down a copy anywhere, perhaps this is a question only Mr. Nieweg could answer. It is not a rental score with European-American/Schott, I tried that. Perhaps it is only in manuscript, in the collection of an English harpist, perhaps?

carl-swanson
    Participant

Saul- Any idea who commissioned it? Was it the BBC? I’m really surprised that it was never printed.

Thank you, I knew you could find something. The difficulty is that Warner-Chappell is now an enormous conglomerate interested in their popular music, and it is extremely difficult to request anything classical from their website. I did contact European-American, and they say they do not have it. I think at least one or two of the pieces you listed are not readily available, either.

Sorry to have troubled you, but I do not have easy access to either of those libraries.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.