harpcolumn

BAX – November Woods

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire BAX – November Woods

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alison
    Participant

I just heard the radio presenter explain that November Woods is about the woods very near to where I live so that’s piqued my interest – think there might be harp in it but not sure…….

oh and I have just been experimenting with a young composer friend with a tiny Bells Tree, a minature version of Tubular Bells such as the percussion section would have in orchestra, it was almost electronic sounding when skimmingfingers over it, but clearer with a percussion stick, & I thought of Silenzo, which I heard last year, by an Italien composer I think, with a prepared harp etc

Sylvia
    Participant
    Alison
    Participant

Hmm thanks 94 pages is quite long for a tone poem score, but I see there’s very few measures to a page – think I have a recording handy.

MusikFind1
    Participant

In the U.S. the score and parts are for sale:
    https://www.emsmusic.com/product_p/emsg71426.htm

EMS13463 BAX, Arnold (1883-1953) – November Woods. EDWIN F. KALMUS – large score – A4121 $55.00

EMS134634 BAX, Arnold (1883-1953) – November Woods. EDWIN F. KALMUS – set (incl strings 4,4,3,2,2) – A4121 $225.00

Extra Harp 1 $5.50
    Extra Harp 2 $5.50

As Bax died in 1953 the work is on Rental in the EU. It will become PD there in 2023.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics