harpcolumn

Bax: Concerto for Flute, Oboe and Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Bax: Concerto for Flute, Oboe and Harp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am looking for pedal markings for Bax’s Concerto for Flute, Oboe and Harp. A former teacher of mine has to perform in on a very short notice and she said that having the pedal markings would save her life.

Would anyone have them? Thank you for your help!

I don’t know if I have heard of this piece, it is not published that I know of, except perhaps as a rental piece, and I doubt anyone has played it. It could even be the premiere. I would be happy to mark it if she sent me a copy. His music is indeed nightmarishly difficult, sometimes.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I believe it was played in the NY area just last Sunday.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

The harpist was Elaine Christy.

Fantastic, Clint. Thank you for all that information, so thoroughly researched. The descriptions really help.

Thank you all for your answers! I have forwarded them to my teacher.

Stephen Conor
    Participant

Wow, what a thorough information we have here. I somewhat agree with Saul, that some of his music difficult. But it would be a great piece to learn in a harp lessons. Thanks for this detailed post.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.