harpcolumn

Au Matin by Tournier

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Au Matin by Tournier

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

In my copy of Tournier’s wonderful piece, Au Matin (Etude de Concert), I have noticed several printing mistakes, and I just noticed another one recently.
    1. In bar 10, the G’s in the top line are supposed to be F’s (I assume).
    2. In bar 88, there is a G flat in the bass staff, but no accidental on the G’s in the treble staff. I assume that the G’s are all supposed to be flat, but if they are not, then the low G flat could be played as an F#.
    3. In bar 89, I assume that the A in the sixteenth notes in the treble clef is supposed to be A flat.
    4. The sixth note of this figure is printed as a C, but it must be a D.

Not a mistake, but just ideas:
    Bar 51 to 58, I use G#’s instead of the Ab’s.
    Bar 113: Play the Bb’s as A#’s; it makes it easier on the hands, and you already have the A# set.
    Bar 125: (Lentement): play E#’s instead of F’s in the first chord, just for ease of placing.The pedal is already set that way.

Does anyone know:
    Is there a later edition that has corrected all these mistakes?
    Mine is Leduc, copyright 1940.

Tacye
    Participant

I don’t follow your point 4? The third and sixth notes are the same in that pattern.

Thank you for sharing them!

Dear Tayce,

Thank you! I just went back and looked at this. I see why I thought it was a D. There was no line through the note. But you’re right; it’s a C.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.