column

Attending Harp Somerset 08?

Home Forums Coffee Break Attending Harp Somerset 08?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Alan Zenreich
    Participant

Lauren and I are leaving NJ at 6:00am tomorrow for Alexandria VA to attend part of the Harp Somerset Folk Harp festival.

Alan Zenreich
    Participant

Lauren and I spent Friday and most of Saturday at the festival.

This was our first face to face experience with the harp community, and it was a real pleasure.

We enjoyed chatting with two folk from Harpcolumn… Jennifer and Jean.

Lauren attended several beginner sessions ranging from introduction to the harp to goal setting to a yoga class.

As a “companion” I attended sessions on gadgets for the harp, electrifying your harp, and one on the midi harp.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

<<I'm pleased to say, that we now have a newborn harp in our living room.

Alan Zenreich
    Participant

I hope that your daughter has many happy years in her journey towards becoming a harpist!

I hope not!

You had fun, didn’t you? It sure sounds it. CONGRATULATIONS on the new harp, harp case, stool, tuner and other good stuff. What an exciting time for Lauren! I love those harp cases with the wheels that slip into the case. I wish all harp cases had that. It’s really nice. How much does the Dreamweaver weigh? And totally cool on the lever installation right then and there. It always amazes me what luthiers can do so quickly and so well. I was hoping the Dreamweavers would be at the AHS conference so I could try one. They intrigue me with the curved soundbox. But, alas, they were not there.

Briggsie

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Sorry!

Alan Zenreich
    Participant

Briggsie,

Yes, I had a great time.

Very cool on the weight. Once again, congrats on your new harp. I posted on here recently that I acquired a new Webster Cecelia at the AHS Conference. It’s just nice having another harp in the house — another good harp. 🙂

Briggsie

unknown-user
    Participant

Anyone else buy anything yummy? How about the Harp Tastings? Any surprises there? I sure do hope I can go next year!

Alan Zenreich
    Participant

Lauren and I sat in for the large harp tasting.

Alan, I played the Storm King at Timothy’s booth at the AHS Conference. It was beyond awesome. What a marvelous harp. Did you see Timothy’s other harps there? His flutes?

Briggsie

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Alan,

I’ve noodled on a Merlin here in town, and my quick impression was that it had an enchanting voice and a wonderful feel as far as tension is concerned, a little lighter/more comfortable

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Alan and other friends,

I haven’t posted much here but I had a grand time at the festival too.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

> Pamela Bruner played a very difficult piece (LOTS of lever changes) and got a standing ovation

Anyone remember what this was? I’m curious.

Alan Zenreich
    Participant

Briggsie,

Timothy apparently now makes only two models, the Storm King 40 and the Llyr 36.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.