harpcolumn

Ash Wednesday suggestions?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Ash Wednesday suggestions?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kreig-kitts

I might be playing in an informal Ash Wednesday service and will have some freedom to pick my own music. Does anybody have suggestions for solo pieces? I don’t think of it as one with a lot of repertoire of its own. I’ll probably be playing about 3 brief solos at different points in the service, so would like the first to be more mournful and the others more uplifting, probably all somewhat meditative as I think of the start of Lent as a time of contemplation.

I have Stephanie Curcio’s “Bell Still My Soul” (Finlandia) that might do the job. Does anybody have other suggestions for lever-suitable arrangements already out there? I’ll probably do variations on a couple songs and hymns otherwise, maybe “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus,” which most people in this congregation would probably know and recognize.

shannon-schumann
    Participant

I have been working on an arrangement of Come Thou Fount, arranged by Pam Ohms. This melody would work nicely for Ash Wednesday. It’s in Eb, with no lever changes, but was kind of tricky for me, who’s still beginning.

http://www.folkharp.com/product/come-thou-fount

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies