harpcolumn

Arrangements of “The minstrel`s adieu to his native land” ?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Arrangements of “The minstrel`s adieu to his native land” ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anja G
    Participant

Hello!
    One of the harp pieces that has always and still does enchant me is John Thomas` “The minstrel`s adieu to his native land”. Not that by any means I am capable to play this piece – but it is my dream for the future. So could some of you perhaps recommend an arrangement (and publisher) that is good to practise for an amateur harpist (who started the harp as a adult)? I would be very grateful!
    Thank you, Anja

Tacye
    Participant

This is an original harp composition, so not something I would expect to be arranged. I would say it is intermediate difficulty overall, though some variations are easier than others.

Anja G
    Participant

Thanks Tacye!

emma-graham
    Participant

If you look in this book,
    http://us.harp.com/info/products/pact_show/id_19397700/
    The Adagio by Croft is essentally the same melody but it is a very simple, short version.

erin-wood
    Participant

There are two editions of this piece though. But the notes are all the same so go with the cheaper edition.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies