Aria in Classic Style

• Participant
    unknown-user on #151505

Hello! I’m wondering if all of you friendly professionals will tell me about the Grandjany Aria in Classic Style. I am not familiar with it- is it even remotely possible to play it on the lever harp? I’d love to know what you all think. Thanks so much!

Hannah

Participant
    barbara-brundage on #151506

No, it is not in any way suitable for lever harp, I’m afraid, Hannah, much as I love the piece.

Participant
    unknown-user on #151507

Thank you very much, Barbara!

Hannah

Participant
    unknown-user on #151508

I am wondering, is it true that there is a version for harp and string ensemble? If so, does anyone know where this score is available online? I think the version on harp.com is for harp and organ.

Thank you.

Participant
    unknown-user on #151509

Indeed a lovely piece – I have seen Susann McDonald and Linda Wood do a two harp version with Diane Bish on her TV series – Sylvia Kowalczuk does the string version on “Masterpieces for Harp and Orchestra” –

Participant
    barbara-brundage on #151510

My favorite recording ever of the string version is the one done by Taka Kling with the Louisville Symphony. I don’t know if it’s ever been remastered to CD.

Participant
    melissa-gallant on #151511

I bought the string parts and score from lyramusic.com (International Music Service) last year. They may still have it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.