harpcolumn

App to report stolen instruments – ANIPO

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break App to report stolen instruments – ANIPO

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    evolene_t
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I was just informed of the website / application called ANIPO, created in order to prevent instrument theft.

It’s a free website where people can fight against the theft and trafficking of their instrument, and, for buyers, to make sure that we are not unwittingly supporting thieves.

ANIPO – About

If you want to register your instrument, you can scan its wood grain, and you can enter your serial number.
    How ANIPO works

Here is a link (in French), where a music seller was able to identify a stolen flute. The story is always the same, he says : people pretend that they have just inherited a rare, very old instrument, and don’t want it to rot away in an attic.
    France Musique – Lutte contre les instruments volés

The more careful we are, the less useful it will be for thieves to target musical instruments! And it’s not just a question of price, but a sentimental one too. I would be heartbroken if someone stole my little harp, and it’s not even one of the more expensive ones.

I’m sure this could be of interest for all sorts of musicians!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics