I was wondering if anyone might be able to recommend an app or application (for almost any mainstream platform*) that would:
– let me upload my own songs (in any reasonable format, most likely MusicXML)
– allow me to adjust the speed of the playback (so I can practice fast and slow)
– give me some time (a few measures lead-in, perhaps) to get my hands onto my strings before starting
– let me loop certain sections
– allow for hands-free commands (such as, ‘start now’) (using voice or bluetooth foot pedals, for example)
Would be super awesome:
– can listen as I play and tell me if I’m hitting the right notes at the right time
If I found something that, ahem, hits the right notes, paying for it is not out of the question. I do see tons of apps for the Piano and Guitar, and a number that have online services with a random assortment of music, and fewer that let you know how you are doing. I’ve seen some for other instruments that look like they’d listen to you play, but, well, no idea if they’d work for the harp.
Can anyone recommend something at all like this? If not, and if you can’t count/keep a beat, how do you practice and polish a piece?
* Platforms I can use include iOS, Android, Alexa skills, MacOS, Windows, Linux, and, well, any platform that can be simulated/emulated/hosted on one of those.