harpcolumn

Anyone watch “Harp Dreams” on PBS?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Anyone watch “Harp Dreams” on PBS?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

I’m just happy so many people seemed to enjoy the program. Thanks for watching!

lynne lockwood
    Participant

We have a healing harps program in Palm Desert California, and every student and teacher was glued to our TV that night.The Southern California harp community all know one another, so the word of the program was out there. Lyon and Healy also sent email’s out for the airing. I was so blown away by the amazing caliber of their playing. The dexterity, the grace, the passion was all evident in that short program. I can’t decide if I was inspired, or discouraged about ever playing again after watching world class musicians! Thank you PBS for yet again taking the arts to the masses.

phyllis-adams
    Participant

Thank you Steve for all of your hard work. I t really was a great event and we are fortunate that PBS took the time and energy to produce this. Thanks again!!!!

You would be welcome to film the Harp Festival of Philadelphia. Maybe WHYY would help you along.

Misty Harrison
    Participant

Thanks for making the documentary. I made all of my students and their parents watch it because they don’t really understand what I mean when I talk about practice and they could understand by watching the show.

emma-graham
    Participant

Any chance the programme will be sold to the U.K.? It looks so brilliant I REALLY want to see it. PBS don’t ship over here. Amazon might but it’s not available ’till August. Grrrr!

ruth-harper
    Participant

Dear Steve

Thank you for your additional comments about Harp Dreams.

Please let us know the results of this year’s harp competition.

Sorry Emma, I think you’ll have to wait til August 3rd unless you can get a friend to buy if from shopPBS.org and send it to you. It’s worth the wait.

And by the way, ShopPBS.org has a special on right now where you get 50% off the third video you buy (I just bought 10 and I made the film!)

Hi Ruth,
    You can follow the results of the competition at http://usaihc.org/. THey also have a Facebook site. They are down to the final 8 competitors (at least one of which, Coline Orliac, was a finalist in our film.

S>

gorman-jones
    Participant

Steve –
    Thanks so much for your hard work on this excellent project. I got several phone calls and e-mails from people who don’t even play the harp who were fascinated by the program. It has been a topic of much discussion in my world.
    I can’t wait to order the DVD.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Steve,

I watched the show again, and

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics