Anyone know something about Vojmir and Olga Attl?

• Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #148375

Hello,

Please pardon the intrusion, however, a harpist suggested I post by question here.

I collect records of all kinds and a friend gave me some that were left in his home by previous owners. In the stack was a large leather folder with six pockets. On the cover, it says:

The Harp in the Home

Ten Compositions of Recorded Harp Music
    With a History and Description of the
    Modern Harp

Interpretation of Vojmir and Olga Attl

Inside is a booklet, copyright 1936, autographed by “Mr. V. Attl” The booklet describes the history of the harp, its construction, etc. There are also five 12 inch records recorded at 78 rpm by RCA of harp music- solo, with instruments, etc.

Does anyone know anything about Mr. & Mrs. MESSAGE KEY MISSING: ‘3’? There’s not very much information available MESSAGE KEY MISSING: ‘5’. Were they famous harpists? This set of recordings seems to have been privately commissioned by the MESSAGE KEY MISSING: ‘6’ since the record labels are not typical for MESSAGE KEY MISSING: ‘7’ retail records.

George

George Horwath on #148376

Sorry, that last paragraph should be:

Does anyone know anything about Mr. & Mrs. Attl? There’s not very much information available online. Were they famous harpists? This set of recordings seems to have been privately commissioned by the Attl’s since the record labels are not typical for RCA’s retail records.

Participant
    Dwyn . on #148377

Google is your friend :-)

http://www.harpcolumn.com/blogs/one-entry?entry_id=42129

Participant
    sherry-lenox on #148378

The blog post by Sam Milligan is so fascinating, and I did miss it even though I do visit the blogs every once in a while.

The post is a great read even if you’re not especially interested in the topic!

George Horwath on #148379

Thanks!! Very interesting article.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.