column

anyone going to NY Renaissance Faire?

Home Forums Coffee Break anyone going to NY Renaissance Faire?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    deb-l
    Participant

Just got Deborah Friou’s Ballad’s and Court Dances of the 16th and 17th Centuries and really enjoying playing it on the Dusty.

Tim Kelly
    Participant

That sounds really fun! You should totally go in costume. I don’t live anywhere near NY, but I’ve seen harpists play at fairs here locally and it’s always a treat. Have a good time!

jessica-wolff
    Participant

When I lived in New York, the Cloisters in northern Manhattan put on a (much more modest) Renaissance fair, distinguished by the totally wonderful venue (herb gardens, Unicorn Tapestries and so on). Great place to play harp and I love the Deborah Friou.

helen-rudd

When I lived in VT.I use to go to this ren fair several times a year. It was HUGE back then and I can only imagine how much it has grown in the past 15 years. It is amazingly fun, especially if you just let yourself go with the flow.

deb-l
    Participant

hi Tim, I’d like to go in costume but trying to talk my husband as going as my knight in shining armour is the trick.

Sarah Mullen
    Participant

I’m performing at the New York Renaissance Faire during the month of September.

deb-l
    Participant

hi Sarah, please do let us know where you’ll be performing, I want to see those effortless looking lightning fast lever flips in person!

Sarah Mullen
    Participant

One day before I start performing at the NY Renaissance Faire, and I finally have an answer for you, at least for this weekend.

deb-l
    Participant

hi Sarah, trying to get to the Ren Faire next Sat the 8th. Hope to see you then!

Sarah Mullen
    Participant

Here’s my official schedule for this weekend.

Sarah Mullen
    Participant

I really hope you didn’t try to come today, because we were closed down at 1pm due to a dire weather forecast.

diana-lincoln
    Participant

I can’t wait to hear about the fair! Deb, do tell all!!! Sounds like so much fun! Did

deb-l
    Participant

hi Sarah, too bad Saturday was a washout, was not able to make it Sunday. It’s a 2 hr drive one way, I can’t do the 4hrs in one day without a long weekend and my husband (and driver : ) ) has no more vaca time.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.