Anyone ever flown with a Harpsicle?

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #158700

The Harpsicle site says that the harp will fit in the overhead compartments of most airliners…has anyone here ever put that to the test?

Participant
    sherry-lenox on #158701

Audrey I hope you have the most wonderful time ever, a peaceful safe flight, and the best weather in which to see the many shades of Irish green.

First reading your title line I was seized by the vision of someone strapping the Harpsicle to her bosom and flapping her arms wildly and running down a long path and jumping as high as possible when she’d gotten up enough speed.

Although I have no idea whether one would fit into the overhead or not, it certainly gave me a good chuckle. Plan to offer us all lots and lots of posts when you return! Best thoughts–Sherry L.

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #158702

I’m very excited, even though it’s a year away.

Participant
    unknown-user on #158703

Hi Audrey.

I brought my sharpsicle to Beginning in the Middle – it fit just fine in the overhead, but I had to be careful of everyone else’s belongings.

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #158704

Oh, that’s a good idea (the bubble wrap).

Participant
    unknown-user on #158705

I have the wrapper – just a cloth cover – and although it was a tight fit too, it really did help protect it.

I also did just what your husband suggested

Participant
    Valerie Hawkes-Howat on #158706

I flew from Indianapolis to Cozumel at the end of May, and my ‘sicle fit into the overhead in three out of four planes.

Participant
    cassandra sciortino on #158707

Yes, this is very helpful. I am trying to decide what to do–flying to stockholm on SAS out of NYC.

cassandra

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.