harpcolumn

Anyone ever flown with a Harpsicle?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Anyone ever flown with a Harpsicle?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

The Harpsicle site says that the harp will fit in the overhead compartments of most airliners…has anyone here ever put that to the test?

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Audrey I hope you have the most wonderful time ever, a peaceful safe flight, and the best weather in which to see the many shades of Irish green.

First reading your title line I was seized by the vision of someone strapping the Harpsicle to her bosom and flapping her arms wildly and running down a long path and jumping as high as possible when she’d gotten up enough speed.

Although I have no idea whether one would fit into the overhead or not, it certainly gave me a good chuckle. Plan to offer us all lots and lots of posts when you return! Best thoughts–Sherry L.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I’m very excited, even though it’s a year away.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Audrey.

I brought my sharpsicle to Beginning in the Middle – it fit just fine in the overhead, but I had to be careful of everyone else’s belongings.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Oh, that’s a good idea (the bubble wrap).

unknown-user
    Participant

I have the wrapper – just a cloth cover – and although it was a tight fit too, it really did help protect it.

I also did just what your husband suggested

I flew from Indianapolis to Cozumel at the end of May, and my ‘sicle fit into the overhead in three out of four planes.

cassandra sciortino
    Participant

Yes, this is very helpful. I am trying to decide what to do–flying to stockholm on SAS out of NYC.

cassandra

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.