harpcolumn

Any advice on replacing a disc?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Any advice on replacing a disc?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    elisa-thorn
    Participant

I recently had one of the prongs break off of the disc on one of my bass wires. I’ve ordered the new one and have Carl Swanson’s harp maintenance book open to the disc page…but I’m totally terrified and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me! The regulators were in town only a few months ago and won’t be back until next spring 🙁

Any advice would be welcome…as I read the ‘how to change a disc’ instructions I feel like an unqualified person trying to do open heart surgery.

Tacye
    Participant

I am not sure if it is in the book or not, but mark the position of the old disk so you can put the new one at nearly the right angle first try. I have used a line drawn on a bit of the stickier sort of postit marker.

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Do you have a harp teacher with some experience to help you change it? I admit, I would call my tech Paul, and drive over to see him. I’m sorry if you don’t have that option. Did you check You Tube for a video? Best of luck. Sherj

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.